Thursday, July 31, 2008

Working the Pile of Planks

This has been a long week at work, I haven't been sleeping well, and consequently I'm feeling a bit fatigued today.  The good news is that I have off from work tomorrow!  While most normal people are able to sleep in on their day off, I find that I wake up at the same time or earlier than I do when I have to go to work.  Hopefully I'll be able to sleep a bit later tomorrow morning.

Tonight, my son and I loaded deck planks onto the deck.  We also trimmed all the ends and re-oriented the planks that I had loaded onto the deck this past Saturday.  The picture below shows how I attached the chop saw to the edge of the deck.  This set-up worked well and was an idea of my dads.
I had loaded nine rows of planks this past Saturday, we loaded another fourteen rows tonight.
Tomorrow we'll start attaching some of these planks and attach some posts , weather permitting.

No comments: