Friday, July 18, 2008

Joists Attached to the House

The last two evenings, my son and I were able to get all of the joists attached to the house at the ledger board.  Overall, it took about 2 hours per evening to get the joists into place and attached to the joist hangers.  My son also went out today and drove most of the 1.5" joist hanger nails while I was at work.  We then threw 2 2x10s on top of the joists and had the ceremonial first walk on the new deck.

The plan this weekend is to try and get the structural stuff done.  This could be a stretch due to the amount of work left and the high heat and humidity predicted for tomorrow.  I'd like to get the town's structural inspection done early next week so that I can start to put down the decking materials.  The remainder of my materials order shows up on Monday morning and includes the TimberTech decking, Radiance Rail, and other finish products.

No comments: