Sunday, November 23, 2008

This single snowflake. . .

. . .Can render the entire Pennsylvania road system unusable. 

There was some minor snow on Friday, with barely a coating here. By Friday evening, the roads had iced up and our evening plans to see our nephew sing in a concert were cancelled. PENN-DOT's road maintenance strategy seems to be wait until things warm up.

Saturday morning I returned to the Dining Room project. I had the remainder of the chair rail to get up, followed by the finish work, and painting. By early afternoon, the chair rail was installed and I had caulked the gap left between the wall and the moulding.  
My wife came home with a gallon of trim paint that matched what our builder had used. I had never heard of Duron paint before, but it seemed to go on well. We then painted the chair rail as well as the lower walls with the white trim paint. This morning I got up at 4 am, and after getting coffee found myself finishing up the touch-up work above the chair rail.  

We still have to paint the upper walls with the faux color and also install the decorative moulding below the chair rail. With Thanksgiving right around the corner however, the completion of this project will have to wait until after the holidays.

Incidentally, our family pet has settled in quite nicely and does a good job pulling sentry duty.

No comments: