Saturday, November 8, 2008

Foyer Painting - Part 1

Yesterday consisted of cutting in all the doors, windows, baseboard, and ceiling of the foyer. Painting for me is pretty mindless work which I do not enjoy until it is done.  This being said, I was a little slow in getting started yesterday, which is in part why I only completed the cut in work.  Working off an extension ladder also slowed things down some.  If there was one thing that I would change about my house, it would be to eliminate the two story foyer. While it looks nice, it is an awful lot of wasted space.
The cut in work was wrapped up around 5 pm, after which we had dinner at a neighbors house. It was a fun evening getting to know them, which was capped off by a bread basket catching fire when our host placed it too near a votive candle.  Fortunately no damage to anything other than the basket. We had a good laugh.

No comments: