Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hardware store to the rescue

It's been a slow couple of days with respect to deck building.  Actually, there has been no deck building going on in the last couple of days.  Sunday we went to church and then spent the afternoon with my folks.

I went to the hardware store today to return a couple of unused items and to work out the exchange of the Azek trim.  I had received 10" material but realized that 12" material was needed to cover the edges of the TimberTech planks.  I'm covering the ends of the boards as they are grooved to accept the hidden fasteners.  

While there, I got two packages of extra Radiance Rail fasteners that I needed (see previous post). The good news was that they had the package in stock even if each package of four cost $18.  The person I was working with said that the TimberTech material has gone up in price since I purchased it, and is going to go up another 7% due to high demand and cost of materials.

I hope to start working on the brick pad for the steps tomorrow night.  The dog will be happy about this as she found the 40" leap a bit to high to her liking (after she jumped). 

No comments: