Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Four Day Recap

This past Sunday was a beautiful day, low 80s, low humidity.  We went to church in the morning.  In the afternoon, I took a nap.  A nice long nap.  I didn't do anything on the deck except sit on it.  It was a great day of rest.
Monday evening, my son and I worked on the deck attaching more deck planks.
Tuesday night, it rained cats and dogs.
Tonight, my son and I attached another two posts and built the deck out to the edge of the posts in the main section of the deck.  We have one more board to connect on the outside of the posts tomorrow night.

We have two more sections to complete:   
   The two foot deep section by the house.
   and the 4' deep section in the bumpout.  This area starts at 20' wide and narrows to 12' wide. There will be no butt joints in either of these two sections so the work should go quicker than the main portion of the deck.
I've got Friday off, so what we don't get done tomorrow night, we'll complete on Friday.  After that we'll trim the edges of the planks to be flush with the joist edges and then move on to the Radiance Rails.

No comments: