Saturday, October 25, 2008

Color choices and Basement Cleanup

Our paint color consultation on Friday was everything we had hoped it would be. We went from room to room, picking colors and ways to improve each of the spaces. By noon, we had gone through all the rooms on the first and second floor. Starting from scratch like this, the designer was able to pick colors that would flow from room to room. Here's some of our picks, all Sherwin Williams colors:

Ligonier Tan - Family Room / Kitchen / Foyer

Sierra Redwood - Two Kitchen Walls with cabinets
 
Green Sprout - Study

Master Bedroom - Restrained Gold

Friday afternoon we went to pick up the paint for the family room, foyer, and kitchen, seven gallons in all.  The plan is to start painting this coming Friday.

One of the problems with buying new construction is that there is no shelving or defined storage in the basement.   Consequently, we still have a myriad of boxes down there, which makes finding things near impossible.  As I couldn't find some of my painting tools, I figured this would be a good weekend to create some shelving.  I had purchased the supplies earlier this week, which consisted of a couple of sheets of plywood (ripped in half) and some 2 x 4s. By noon, I had 3 shelves twelve feet long and two feet deep.  By two o'clock, we pretty much had all the shelves filled. I still haven't found all of my painting tools, but I did find tools that I had written off as being stolen in the move. 

No comments: